cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding folders not on c:\ drive

Adding folders not on c:\ drive

New member | Level 2

So I have a large folder ~250GB I would like to add to my Drop Box. Problem is, it's not on my C:confused face: drive (Windows 10) and my C:confused face: does not have enough space to move the folder into C:confused face:
Dropbox is already installed on C:confused face:Dropbox and I have files synced.

Is there any way to selectively add folders from a different drive from where Dropbox is installed?

1 Reply 1

Re: Adding folders not on c:\ drive

Dropboxer

Hey there @Malthasian, thanks for reaching out!

Since this is a rather large folder, I might suggest adding the content to Dropbox in batches.

If you create a new empty folder (with the parent name) in the Dropbox folder, you can copy over a few subfolders at a time (depending on how much space you have free).

Once you've added one or a few subfolders, you'd then need to allow the app to sync and upload the files to your account.

When the app is showing "up to date", you can then use selective sync to remove the folders locally from your computer to free up the space.

You can then repeat the process and add a few more subfolders. Would this do the trick for you?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?