cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding multiple folders outside of my Dropbox folder

Highlighted

Adding multiple folders outside of my Dropbox folder

New member | Level 2

Hi, I have a Plus account with Mac and Linux computers.  All is syncing well in my main Dropbox folder.  My question is:  can I add multiple folders outside of my main Dropbox folder to the backup service?  My goal is to sync my Music and Pictures folders.  The new backup feature allows adding Desktop, Downloads and Documents folders but not any others, unless I'm missing something.

I should add that previously I created symbolic links in my Dropbox folder to my Music and Pictures folders.  I found that solution via Google and it worked.  The Dropbox service followed the symbolic links and stored all the files in my account.  I'm not currently doing it  (new computer) but am considering doing it again, although it seems a little hacky and I would prefer to use the recommended solution.  Thanks!

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Adding multiple folders outside of my Dropbox folder

Dropboxer

Hi @TriumphTodd; welcome to our Community and happy Friday!

I'm afraid there's no way to do this the moment, Todd.

That said, I've found some related ideas, in case you'd like to upvote them to show your interest: 

Let me know if you have any more questions. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?