cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional storage when a referral signs up for Dropbox

Highlighted

Additional storage when a referral signs up for Dropbox

New member | Level 2

Hi everyone,

I'm interested in knowing when additional storage gets added to your account after a referral signs up and verifies their email.  I probably will need more than 2GBs of storage and had two people sign up using my referral link, and want to ensure I get the extra space.  As I understand it, there are very specific rules referrals have to use to qualify, and it is my understanding they followed the rules.  Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Additional storage when a referral signs up for Dropbox

Super User II

@ConnectionsTrunkInc wrote:

As I understand it, there are very specific rules referrals have to use to qualify, and it is my understanding they followed the rules.

They need to register using your referral, install the Dropbox client on a unique computer (mobile devices do not count), and verify their email address. You can check the status of your referrals on your Plan page.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Highlighted

Super User II

@ConnectionsTrunkInc wrote:

As I understand it, there are very specific rules referrals have to use to qualify, and it is my understanding they followed the rules.

They need to register using your referral, install the Dropbox client on a unique computer (mobile devices do not count), and verify their email address. You can check the status of your referrals on your Plan page.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

Thanks so much, Rich.  I believe one of the referrals may have signed up using a mobile device and I know the second one did.  So there lies the issue.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?