Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Adobe files corrupted in sync

Explorer | Level 3

I've recently updated my Macbook and now adobe files synced in my Dropbox folder won't open properly. E.g. Illustrator files show this dialog box when opening:
Screen Shot 2019-10-22 at 9.20.22 AM.png

Then when I click OK the file opens as a blank artboard.

This doesn't happen when I sync the files via Creative Cloud or simply just email the files to myself so it's something to do with the Dropbox syncing. This also doesn't happen with Powerpoint or Word documents.
Anyone else experiencing this? Or know what I might be doing wrong?

5 Replies 5
Highlighted

Re: Adobe files corrupted in sync

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey @DrewParagon, thanks for the screenshot; this has been very helpful! 

Following-up from what you're describing us, I'd appreciate it if you included the following details in your next message for me: 

• If that’s okay with you, could you elaborate a bit on the steps that have led you to this error message (eg. Are you opening the files from within the third-party app or by double-clicking on them)? 
  • As you mentioned that this pertains to Illustrator files only, whereas other file types open normally, could you also let me know whether you’ve tried opening the same files if you move them to your desktop/ a different location on your Mac? 
  • It would also be worth checking if that’s attributed to a syncing issue. Once you hover your mouse over the Dropbox icon on your menu bar, it should display the Dropbox version you’re working on & a message on the syncing status. What does it read for you?  
Please let me know of what you find there, so as to focus a bit closer on specifics. Thanks again! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hey Jane,

I've tried opening the file by double-clicking on it inside the dropbox folder on my laptop as well as copying the file outside the dropbox folder and it yields the same error message. I've also gone through Adobe's tech support and sent them the file and they experience the same error on their machines. Yet the file is fine when I sync through Creative Cloud. 

This has been the case with other Adobe file types (After effects and Photoshop) but not the Microsoft applications as mentioned before. That's why I approached them first before we figured out it wasn't an Adobe issue.

Dropbox version 83.4.152 and it says 'up to date'.

Thanks

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Thanks for diagnosing that & letting me know of your findings @DrewParagon

It would be best if we continued this discussion via email, so I created a ticket on our system on your behalf. Could you check your inbox whenever you have a minute? Thanks again for taking the time to work on that with me! 

Jane

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hi Jane, 

I'd sent an email to respond but haven't heard anything back. Could you resend the ticket invitation to my work email [email removed as per Community Guidelines]?

Thanks

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Thanks for circling back to me here @DrewParagon!

I can only message you on the email address connected to your Community profile. Since I could see that the ticket I had created to continue working on that has now been closed on our system, it would be best if you messaged us back from your preferred email address on your side. Once you do, can you include a ticket# in your next message, so as to make sure someone handles it soon? 

I look forward to hearing back from you!

Jane

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?