cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Adobe not downloading online only files from projects

Adobe not downloading online only files from projects

TBirds
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi All,

after updating to MacOS 12.3 I have not been able to open project files (Premiere/After Effects) without errors of not finding files that are in dropbox as 'online only'. Prior to the Mac update all files would auto download to be on my machine locally. I know there's an issue with full support for OS 12.3... any updates or solutions folks have found?

thanks 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Emmet
Community Manager
Go to solution

Hi there, 

In order for this fix to be applied, you need to opt into Dropbox for macOS on File Provider. The latest version of Dropbox for macOS utilizes Apple’s updated File Provider API and fixes issues related to opening online-only files in third-party applications for users on macOS 12.5 or higher. You can read more about opting into Dropbox for macOS File Provider here. Please note that not all users are eligible at this time.

This is being rolled out to Dropbox Teams at the moment, but the team admin must choose to opt-in for the entire team when they are told it has been made available. If you are experiencing this issue, and are a member of a Dropbox team, then we recommend to align with your team admin and ensure that they opt-in as soon as they can, so that this issue is fixed for you. You can find out more here.

Regards,

Emmet

View solution in original post

89 Replies 89

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Hi @TBirds 

You need to manually download the files first in the Dropbox folder and then open in Adobe

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

TBirds
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

That doesn't seem to work. The files open in finder/explorer but not linked/missing in adobe programs, even after downloaded and on the machine locally. The convenience of not having to manually go through various file trees to download certain files was really nice, just wondering if there's any update to dropbox fixing this or if i have to revert to an earlier version of MacOS (or a different cloud storage all together)

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @TBirds, could you confirm the version of the Dropbox desktop application you're running? 

You can do this by hovering your mouse over the Dropbox icon in the menu bar. Also, does it state ‘syncing’, ‘up to date’ or any other messages?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

TBirds
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi Jay,

I'm currently using v146.3.4795 and I turned on the early releases as well. I'm currently backing up files and it is syncing normally. 

Thanks

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Is it occurring for any of these files, or just files of certain sizes?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

TBirds
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

They're various file types of various file sizes. 

Amerrick
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am having the same issue after the OS update. I get errors with any online-only Adobe file that I launch from DropBox, I have to download them to open. Syncing is working fine. Other non-Adobe files open no problem (word, preview, excel).

Screen Shot 2022-04-08 at 17.01.37.png

 

Screen Shot 2022-04-08 at 17.01.20.png

 

Amerrick
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

TBirds
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Yea, I was more wondering if they have a timeline for a solution. Or if i should just backup everything on my computer and downgrade the OS back to Big Sur to get the auto download 'feature' when using 3rd party programs with the cloud only files

Need more support?