cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After an update Dropbox is unusable on Android

Highlighted

After an update Dropbox is unusable on Android

Explorer | Level 4

I was using Dropbox to sync some folders to my phone so other applications can use them.

Right now Dropbox moved those files from /Android/data/com.dropbox.android to /data/data folder.

This folder is not accessible for the applications.

Please at least give a choice where to store those synchronized files.

5 Replies 5
Highlighted

Re: After an update Dropbox is unusable on Android

Dropboxer

Hi @macgyver2004, thanks for posting on the Community!

I'm sorry to hear about this. If you're not on a Dropbox Basic plan with more than 3 devices connected, could you try uninstalling the mobile app, rebooting the phone, and reinstalling it to see if this helps?

Keep me posted!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

I'm on Dropbox Plus plan.

Reinstalation is not working for me as the newest Dropbox version have moved the offline files.

Right now recovering old version from backup helped.

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Do you mean recovering the old version of the Dropbox mobile app? It would need to update soon in order to keep up to date with any new features and changes.

Generally, offline files are inaccessible outside of the mobile app, so having apps directly access the folder where they're stored isn't something that's supported by Dropbox.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

"Generally, offline files are inaccessible outside of the mobile app, so having apps directly access the folder where they're stored isn't something that's supported by Dropbox."

That's how I've been accessing my mp3 files stored offline on my Dropbox for years. The mp3 app I use to play podcasts would look for the offline mp3s under Android/com.dropbox.android/files/uxxxxx/scratch. Now, with version 200.2.8, It can no longer access any of my offline mp3s.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

I don't need new features, I just need the one you took.

Why dropbox on mobile can't work like one on a computer.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?