cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After reinstalling Dropbox, every time I save a file it syncs 1.2 GB of files, not just the new file

Highlighted

After reinstalling Dropbox, every time I save a file it syncs 1.2 GB of files, not just the new file

Helpful | Level 5

Hello,
Following a reinstall of Dropbox after a computer glitch, every time I save a file in Dropbox on my computer, Dropbox starts a sync process involving 1.2gigabites of files. I only wanted syncing the new file as I used to do it before.
Also, I used to use OUTLOOK on my computer which has now gone to Dropbox and I can no longer open it on my computer. I do not have many hair left in frustration. How can I get back to my simple use of Dropbox please?

George Bekes
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Hello, Following a reinstall of Dropbox after a computer glitch, every time I save a file in ...

Helpful | Level 5

Hello Daphne,

Further to my previous message, I think I have just solved the problem. Syncing is now functioning as before.

Thank you for your time on my issue.

Regards,

George

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
Highlighted

Re: Hello, Following a reinstall of Dropbox after a computer glitch, every time I save a file in ...

Dropboxer

Hi there @georgebundle, thanks for posting here!

That does sound rather strange, would you mind sending me a screenshot of the sync status when this happens?

Also, can you let me know a little more info about how or where you see the 1.2 GB syncing? 

It would be expected to have only the new file sync, so any further info your can provide on this would be very helpful.

Could you also send a screenshot of what you're referring to where Outlook is now in Dropbox?

Keep me posted!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

Hi Daphni,

Thanks for your reply. When I click on the Dropbox symbol on the bottom right corner, a small window appears above it, showing a sync in progress and it starts with number of files to be transferred and the equvivalent size, usually over 1 gigabite. The syncing then lasts for hours! I only ever want one single file, usually a word document to be saved on Dropbox. What went wrong?

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Thanks for your reply here @georgebundle.

Can you please click on the Dropbox icon in your system tray/menu bar, and send me a screenshot of the sync status?

The visual would be very helpful in understanding what's occurring here. Cheers!

Daphne

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

Hi Daphne,

I took a photo of the page that appeared on my iphone but I do not know how to send it to you unless you give me an email address to send it to or whatsapp destination, please?

Regards,

George

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

Hello Daphne,

Further to my previous message, I think I have just solved the problem. Syncing is now functioning as before.

Thank you for your time on my issue.

Regards,

George

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Dropboxer

I'm glad to hear that @georgebundle!

If there's anything else that I can help with, please don't hesitate to get back to me here. 😁

Hope you have a great week ahead George!

Daphne

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?