cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After syncing folders on local drive, I can't copy them to a different location

After syncing folders on local drive, I can't copy them to a different location

travis f.2
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I synced some large folders to my local computer and would like to copy them to a new location.     When I attempt to copy the files,  it begins placing the main folder and a few other files then immediately displays the following error:

" An unexpected error is keeping you from copying the file.  If you continue to receive this error, you can use the error code to search for help with this problem"  Error 0x80070780: The file cannot be accessed by the system"

what I've done: 

Once I synced the online Dropbox files,   I disconnected the account from the drive to reduce the likelihood of accidental deletion.

Restarted computer

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Were the files marked as Local, or Online-only? If they were Online-only then what you synced were just the placeholders for the files. You need to make sure the files are fully synced to your local drive and display a green check mark. Only then are the actual files on your computer, at which point you can move or copy them as needed.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution

Do you use Smart Sync?! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

travis f.2
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I don't know what that is... so probably no. 

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Were the files marked as Local, or Online-only? If they were Online-only then what you synced were just the placeholders for the files. You need to make sure the files are fully synced to your local drive and display a green check mark. Only then are the actual files on your computer, at which point you can move or copy them as needed.

travis f.2
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thanks for help!  

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

travis f.2 New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
    Здравко Legendary | Level 20
What do Dropbox user levels mean?