cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Again: "files are supported but something went wrong"

Again: "files are supported but something went wrong"

Helpful | Level 6

Hej
The majority of my ppt and pptx files cant be previewed or opened at my computer after downloading. Another example is one text-file that in preview only shows "garbage". 
I have tested 2 different computers with Edge and Chrome and on my Iphone.
Someone with any idea what this can be. It is probably >5 years since I put  the files on Dropbox.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Again: "files are supported but something went wrong"

Helpful | Level 6

I have now archived the files, outside dropbox. Probably is time my best friend, in other words the probability that I will need to use the files in the future is low.
Thanks for the help and I consider now this question as closed, from my point of view.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Dropboxer

Hey, @soren2, thanks for getting in touch. 

What happens when you try to open them on your computer, with MS Office? Do you get any errors or other messages? 

If these files are not working online, or after downloading them, it would suggest that they are corrupt. As Dropbox doesn’t alter your files in any way, this would mean that the original uploads from >5 years ago were corrupt (not fully functional; damaged in some way). In this case, there isn’t anything that we can do to help, unfortunately. 

Get back to me when you can! 

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Helpful | Level 6

I get "PowerPoint can't open this type of file."
It is strange that it is all ppt but not photos or xls-files.

Helpful | Level 6

I have now archived the files, outside dropbox. Probably is time my best friend, in other words the probability that I will need to use the files in the future is low.
Thanks for the help and I consider now this question as closed, from my point of view.

View solution in original post

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?