cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All Files Size vs DropBox Plan

All Files Size vs DropBox Plan

cgardner
New member | Level 2

I have an account where my plan states that it is using 18GB out of the 6TB limit, but when I calculate size of all the root folder it adds to a 13.6GB. I've seen that previous file versions don't count towards your quota, but I am trying to see where the extra ~5.5GB is. Does anyone know about where I could find this or if previous versions actually count towards the quota.

3 Replies 3

Re: All Files Size vs DropBox Plan

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @cgardner, thanks for joining the Community!

Are you calculating the size of the folders that appear on your computer, or from the site using these steps?

Previous file versions, and deleted files, don't add to your current quota on the site. 

If you need any further assistance, please let me know!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

cgardner
New member | Level 2

I am calculating the size from the site using that same link you have. I can also confirm that downloading those files I get the same size, but the plan says 18gb instead of 13.5gb used

Walter
Dropboxer

In that case, there might be a shared folder adding up to your account's overall quota @cgardner.

What's your account's plan tab showing exactly?

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?