cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: All files are corrupt after individual download

All files are corrupt after individual download

Danas
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I am on Dropbox web on Firefox, Windows 7.

Absolutely all the files I have downloaded individually from Dropbox with the direct download link are corrupt!

All the files that were downloaded as an archive, are fine.

I only need to download a couple of files, and not the whole folder, but aparently it's a problem...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Danas
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi

thanks for a prompt response.

actually I have just realized, that it happens only when I use DownThemAll! add-on. when I use a regular download link, then everything is fine. I've been using DownThemAll! for many years for almost any downloads that's why I didn't realize it immediately.

I will send a bug report to the DownThemAll! developers too. I don't know where the problem is, but something goes wrong specifically between Dropbox and DownThemAll! (files from other websites downloaded with DownThemAll! are all good, so it's specific to Dropbox)

thanks

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Chris_J
Super User
Go to solution

Danas

Sorry that you are having issues, how are you downloading your files.  Usually, you can click on Download but it sounds like you are clicking on a link.  Please clarify for me and we will see if we can get to a solution

It sounds like the download is not fully done and it is stuck at last part of the download.  Have your rebooted and see if this helps?

-------------------------

if this works and it was a solution, please click on Accept as Solution.  Also clicking on Likes would be super.  Thanks!

Danas
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi

thanks for a prompt response.

actually I have just realized, that it happens only when I use DownThemAll! add-on. when I use a regular download link, then everything is fine. I've been using DownThemAll! for many years for almost any downloads that's why I didn't realize it immediately.

I will send a bug report to the DownThemAll! developers too. I don't know where the problem is, but something goes wrong specifically between Dropbox and DownThemAll! (files from other websites downloaded with DownThemAll! are all good, so it's specific to Dropbox)

thanks

Chris_J
Super User
Go to solution

Thanks for sharing that info.  Who knows, others that use that downloader, might experience the same thing, so thanks for sharing what you have found... Hopefully, you would find a solution to use your favorite app.

-------------------------

if this works and it was a solution, please click on Accept as Solution.  Also clicking on Likes would be super.  Thanks!

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Danas

Would you mind taking a minute of your time to fill out a survey sharing your experience using the Dropbox Community? You can access it here: http://bit.ly/2lNKIxT .

[ Please feel free to get back in touch here at any time if you have any other Dropbox questions or experience any issues in the future. ]

Hope you have a great rest of the day ahead! :coffee:

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

jolindsay
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
HI

I am having the same issue. What did you do to rectify this?

I copied files from my downloads. uploaded into dropbox on my pc and now I can not open them?

JO

Danas
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

hi JO
I'm not sure our issues are related, but who knows...

My problem was only with particular download client, that I use to download files from web - aparently it cannot read dropbox files correctly.

Try opening a separate bug report and include all your details - dropbox people usually answer pretty fast.

hope it helps...

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @jolindsay

Thanks for reaching out on the Dropbox Forum regarding the issue you’ve experienced getting your files on Dropbox. 

Would you mind sending in some more details on the matter, so that we work on that togerther? 

• Are you receiving any error messages? 
  • Are you uploading your files using the web uploader or by putting them inside the Dropbox folder? 
  • Just to exclude a syncing issue (namely putting files inside the Dropbox folder on your desktop and them not being updated on the website), please make sure that you’re running the latest stable desktop version 35.4.20”. 
  • Because you’ve mentioned that you can’t open them online, could you let me know the file extension? 

I’ll be awaiting your next message here, so that we get this fixed! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Need more support?