cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Find out how Tiffany, a Customer Experience superstar uses Dropbox to keep her family in the loop when it comes to her new baby here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All my folders from my macbook desktop are gone. Please help.

All my folders from my macbook desktop are gone. Please help.

Ines5
New member | Level 2

Hi. I installed dropbox, but had some problems with configurations, so I deleted the account and reopen a new one to reconfigure it. But now all the folders and files are gone from my desktop and I do not know how to recover them. Since it is a "new" account (but with same e-mail) it appears that no files have been deleted. But they have.

I would appreciate your help.

1 Reply 1

Re: All my folders from my macbook desktop are gone. Please help.

Hannah
Dropboxer
Hey @Ines5, welcome to the Dropbox Community!

It sounds like you had enabled the computer backup feature, when you initially installed the Dropbox app and signed in to your account. 

Do you know if the application had time to sync the desktop files, before you deleted the account?

Meaning, were they accessible from Dropbox, before you deleted the account? 

Also, have you tried looking in your computer's Trash to see if you can find them there?

Let me know what you find!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?