cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All my photos have disappeared!

All my photos have disappeared!

Remolinen
Explorer | Level 3

Hello, 
Yesterday I uploaded 4000+ pictures to my dropbox account from my old company Iphone I had to return before having it cleaned out for the next user.
I today can only find 8 pictures in my picture folder. All pictures collected over the years are gone.

What I can confirm is that the pictures that were uploaded yesterday and that I could select and see them in the picture folder on all my devices. 

I'd really appreciate help with this matter. I'm loooking everywhere for them.

5 Replies 5

Lusil
Dropbox Staff

Hi there @Remolinen, let's see what we can do here. 

Could you check your events page to see if there's any relevant information about these photos? 

Also, if you remember the file names that you're looking for, try searching for them online. 

Give that a try and let me know how it goes, thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Remolinen
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Lusil, thx for the advice but we seem to not have made much progress.

I tried searching for pictures that I can remember but no result.

When I checked my Events page it states that only 8 pictures were succesfully uploaded and then it stopped. No warning or erros just stopped uploading after that. It's weird because we did go through some of the pictures.

Thanks for the quick response

Lusil
Dropbox Staff

Could it be that the photos were uploaded to a different account?

Since each Dropbox account is connected to a unique email address, check which one you're currently signed in to from the General tab

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Remolinen
Explorer | Level 3
We made the account the day before and we only have one account as well so sadly that couldn’t be it. 😞
We are starting to suspect that we only previewed the pictures and that everything got deleted before it properly got uploaded.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff

If the events page didn't show any record of the photos, it's very likely that the photos never made it to our servers. 

I just want to check with you as well if you remember seeing the photos online through the website at any point in time? 

Were they in a shared folder by any chance?

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropbox Staff
    Remolinen Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?