cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All my shared links are broken

All my shared links are broken

jaimesan
New member | Level 2

Hi Dropbox comunity!

Let me explain my problem, I've a youtube channel and I use dropbox links to share with my comunity line drawings (I teach digital painting in my channel). Each file is a PNG and the size is about 10/20mb each one.

I've been working with this links for moths and I never have any problem.

But....(always is a but...) suddenly ALL my links are showing an 404 page.

Examples:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s1hst51112x03r8/mosca.PNG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ttiza3a5uv2e7m6/ojo.PNG?dl=0

I can see the files if I click on these links, but the links in the description of my videos are ALL broken... my subscribers are sending me hundreds of messages telling me that they can't download the files (they see the 404 error page).

My channel is growing very fast and each month thousands of new subscriber are downloading my files...

At first I thougth that I've reached the downloads limit in my account (the free one XD) or maybe the bandwidth limit... but I haven't received any warning or dropbox message saying me such thing, so... I have no clue what is going on in with my links.

I was thinking in upgrade my account to PLUS so I'll have more bandwidth but....as I told you, I haven't received any warning so I don't know if this is the problem.

Is there any way I can see my download bandwidth ratio or anything like that? I'm completely lost here and I don't want to pay 120€ for nothig if the problem is in other place.

Thank you very much!! 🙂

3 Replies 3

Re: All my shared links are broken

Mark
Super User II

Have you renamed or moved the files? 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

jaimesan
New member | Level 2

Hi!

Thank you very much for your quick response 🙂

Unfortunately no... I haven't renamed the files or the root folder.

In fact... all the files are storaged in the PUBLIC default folder and I create a shared link with each file.

It happens with ALL my links 😞

Thanks

J

Walter
Dropboxer
In that case, could it be that your shared links have been banned perhaps @jaimesan?

May I reach out via email to have a further look into this?

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?