cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All over a sudden: Dropbox MP3 plays only through YouTube. How can I avoid that?

All over a sudden: Dropbox MP3 plays only through YouTube. How can I avoid that?

Gerrit2
Explorer | Level 3
Hi, in the last years my music files played well with Dropbox. Since some days I am asked: "you want to open (the MP3 file I clicked on) in YouTube, or ..." How can I directly play from dropbox, as before by clicking in the file. (I have an android mobile phone). Thanks, Gerrit
2 Replies 2

Re: All over a sudden: Dropbox MP3 plays only through YouTube. How can I avoid that?

Rich
Super User II

@Gerrit2 wrote:
Since some days I am asked: "you want to open (the MP3 file I clicked on) in YouTube, or ..." How can I directly play from dropbox, as before by clicking in the file. (I have an android mobile phone).

That's not a function of Dropbox. It doesn't control what app is used to open a file; your device does. Have you checked your Android settings to see what the default app is for MP3 files?

Re: All over a sudden: Dropbox MP3 plays only through YouTube. How can I avoid that?

Gerrit2
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you so much, i try...any idea where I can find theses settings in the pixel mobile? Thanks!!regards from Germany, Gerrit 

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Gerrit2 Explorer | Level 3
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?