cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All the Macs in my company have run out of hard disk space, even though everything is online.

All the Macs in my company have run out of hard disk space, even though everything is online.

New member | Level 2

good morning, i'm an italian dopbox business user for a couple of days all the macs my company works on have run out of space on the hardisk but the dropbox is put everything online someone can explain the mistake we made and how to overcome it

1 Reply 1

Re: hardisk full

Super User II

@giuseppe73 wrote:

... all the macs my company works on have run out of space on the hardisk but the dropbox is put everything online someone can explain the mistake we made and how to overcome it

By default, the Dropbox folder you see on your drive is a folder like any other and takes up space. Anything you place in the folder exists on your drive. If you want to save hard drive space while still being able to access the files in Dropbox, use the Smart Sync feature.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?