Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow me to remove Myself from a shared folder, as a Member?? Also, email visibility to the creator?

Helpful | Level 6

I have search quite a bit. I found nothing. I believe this feature hasn't been implemented since March when I got stuck with a stupid dropbox file,which I click every once in a while.

Please allow members to leave shared documents. This is absurd. Also, is the creator gettting my email adress. I pressume yes. If so, this is unacceptable.

Fix this already. It is the one thing I hate about paper.

Good Evening and a good Week to all. Seriously fix this quickly!!!

2 Replies 2
Highlighted

Re: Allow me to remove Myself from a shared folder, as a Member?? Also, email visibility to the crea

Super User II
Super User II
Hi

I'm not sure what you mean - 'leave a file'? Shares are only a share inside of a folder. It isnt possible to share a file with edit rights.

So, if you just have a file you should be able to delete it on its own (and thats always been the case).

In terms of Paper the owner of the Document can remove you it seems via https://www.dropbox.com/help/paper/share-doc

They are getting your email yes - as with all collaboration on Dropbox emails are shared.

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

Re: Allow me to remove Myself from a shared folder, as a Member?? Also, email visibility to the crea

Helpful | Level 6

I entered a paper that was shared in an article. Since then I asked the owner repeateadly to remove me from the document(That's what I meant file). I am jsut a member of the document, along with 100+ more people that also want to be removed, for months now.

Just for reference, the owner of the document shouldn't get our emails. He should only get them if I have access to edit. Not just when I view a document.

This is absurd. That would give them access to a pretty large email list, without our consent. Paper rolesr/permissions should change that setting in the next release.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?