cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox tips & tricks

Learn how to get the most out of Dropbox with other users like you.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anca never needs to worry about losing files on a crashed computer again

Anca never needs to worry about losing files on a crashed computer again

DBXCommunity
Community Manager

22195967_10156145588351756_6422946863537117966_n.png

Meet Anca, an online education designer who uses Dropbox so she never has to worry about losing files on a crashed computer again. This is Anca’s story…

What brought me to Dropbox
My forever love relationship with Dropbox started during my second semester of my master’s degree. I was enrolled in an online course that was saturated in essays, reports, and all sorts of assignments that needed countless days of research and writing.

This major report was soon due, and I was juggling this assignment between a teething baby, 40 hours of work, family time, and some sort of social life that was very short, let me tell you.

The due date was so close, and I was feeling the need to ask for an extension. We were allowed two breaks during the course and I had never asked for one. I finally gave in, knowing that I was not able to finish in time and the professor was gracious enough to give me not 24 hours, as I had asked for, but a 48-hour extension.

Ecstatic about my extra time, I started plugging along and my 20-page paper was finally coming to its final edits. There was very little to do, and my baby needed me. By the time I came back, my computer screen was blue. I never thought this could happen to me. I saw a lovely blue screen and the news that came later was also very blue. All that work, saved only in one place, on my crashed computer! 

How I use Dropbox
My lovely husband came up with a solution, to avoid ever losing a document again. He suggested I save everything on Dropbox. He told me I could work on essays from home or from work and it would all be saved in one place, with no chance of ever losing an essay due to a computer crash.

My documents are now safely synced across all my devices. I do not have to track down my last draft. I know exactly where to find it.

Tips for the community
  • Plan out your folder structure. 
  • Create a consistent file naming pattern. 

Do you use Dropbox in a similar way? Have questions for Anca about their workflow? Reply below with your thoughts!

0 Replies 0
Need more support?