cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you. What do you use Dropbox for?
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Android 8 / Gal S8 not syncing photos

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

My phone has stopped syncing photos - I've got plenty of storage available on my phone and on my account. Not sure what's going on or where to start.

Thanks! 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Android 8 / Gal S8 not syncing photos

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

All taken care of - forgot that this was a replacement phone and for some reason when it downloaded all my apps to the new phone that setting didn't turn on automatically.

Thank YOu! 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey there (@jenng94), I’m here to help you move forward on the matter as much as I can; I hope you’ve had a great Friday so far! 

Since I’d like to ensure that I’m following-up on the right thing (& I’m sending you the most appropriate info), I’d appreciate it if you could answer these questions below to give me some context on what’s happening:

Spoiler
  • For starters, can you let me know whether you’ve updated your android phone to the latest OS version? Also, are you running the latest version of our app (122.2.2)? 
  • Following, can you please clarify if you’re uploading your photos manually, using the (+) button, or you’ve enabled the Camera Uploads feature?
  • I’d appreciate a screenshot (omitting personal info) of what you’re seeing (or just in case you’re getting any error messages) in your next message here, so as to get a better idea of what’s happening.
Thanks in advance for taking a bit of your time to gather this info for me & I’ll be awaiting your next reply on this discussion, in order to check back the possible causes in more depth together. Enjoy the rest of your day until we talk again! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

All taken care of - forgot that this was a replacement phone and for some reason when it downloaded all my apps to the new phone that setting didn't turn on automatically.

Thank YOu! 

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Pleased to hear it’s all sorted for you now @jenng94! Feel free to drop us a line on our Community Wall if you have more thoughts or questions in the future. Happy uploading & take care until we talk again! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?