cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impossible to connect Dropbox, make sure to be online...

Android App: Cannot Connect To Dropbox. Make sure you're online, or try again later.

TanjaArtist
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know how to resolve this? When I try to open the "File" tab on my android phone it says: "Cannot Connect To Dropbox. Make sure you're online, or try again later." yet when I click on home, it shows all my latest files. I just can't get to my folders and it is driving me bonkers! I cannot upload to them either. Same problem on my tablet. I use Dropbox for work and this is causing serious problems.

I tried logging out and back in, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, checked for updates. I have full internet. What else can I do? If this doesn't get resolved quickly I'll have to switch to the dreadded OneDrive 😕

Hope someone can help!

Thank you

Tanja

ScreenshotScreenshot

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi all; thanks for your reports!

I had another user having a similar issue and they resolved it by installing our beta version of the mobile app on their Android device. 

Could you check if this does the trick for you too?

Thanks a bunch!

Mod note: updated link in post [last update 2023]

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

View solution in original post

21 Replies 21

Vicki Venza
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I can't access any of my files on the mobile app. I've received am error message saying I'm not connected or to try again later. I'm absolutely connected so that's not the issue.

Maurizio56
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Since a couple of days I see on my app Dropbox Basic for Android: "impossible to be connected to Dropbox, make sure to be online or try later"

arbaldinger
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am getting a 'cant connect' message on Windows. There might be some kind of outage (even though their page says there isnt)...

arbaldinger
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am getting it today for the first time. No idea why...

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hello @Vicki Venza, I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this!

So I can have a better understanding of the issue you're having, please let me know the following:

• Are you connecting via WiFi or cellular data? If you try the other do you get the same error?
  • Which OS version is your device running?
  • Which version of the mobile app is installed? 

Also, please send me a screenshot of the error just to make sure I know exactly which error you're referring to.

Keep me posted with your findings!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Liette
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I have same problem here. It says there is no connection possible. I must check my internet ot try again later.
But I have this now for 2 days.
And nothing wrong with my interner connection.

Liette
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Im using android, Samsung G8.
And it is not working with wifi or 4g.

Vicki Venza
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
I have a Samsung 7. I receive the error message on WiFi and cellular data.
I have Android 8.0.0 operating system.

jmsantiago1
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Hi, Walter, thanks so much for your quick answer. Your solution to upgrade to the latest beta version worked immediately. With version 193.1.2 the folders appeared instantly back !
Again, thanks so much.
Kind regards
Need more support?