cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn about how Kev uses Dropbox to make sure he keeps track of all the new music he listens to? Check out his tips here

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android App – keep hidden files hidden

Android App – keep hidden files hidden

HuS
Explorer | Level 4

Hi All,
our asset management tool writes its cache as hidden folders in our assets directories. They don't get in the way on Windows – as these folders are indeed hidden. That's not the case in the Android App – here cache thumbnails become first class members, and I see no way to hide these silly duplicates of files in numerous sizes (recent activity tab).

Is there some way to filter them out that I may have missed?

3 Replies 3

Re: Android App – keep hidden files hidden

Hannah
Dropboxer
Hey @HuS, thanks for posting today.

Do these files also appear on our website? Or is it just the mobile app?

If they do exist in your Dropbox account, even though they are hidden on your desktop, I'm afraid there's probably no way to hide them.

Perhaps there's a third party app/service that might help, but that would be out of our scope.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

HuS
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks for your reply, Hannah!
On the Dropbox-Website I also see these hidden folders and individual files, unfortunately. This makes the Dropbox browsing experience more cluttered than it had to be and increases the chance for user-errors – there's good reason why this stuff is hidden.

I don't think this low-level stuff (which files do we import and in which way to we display them) falls into the realm of 3rd party tools. If there is anyone who should deal with existing "hidden" flags on files, it's the Dropbox developers.

Hannah
Dropboxer
Thanks for the update and for the feedback here!

I'll definitely pass your comments along to our team about this. 

You can also post an idea about this on our idea board

And if you need anything else, make sure to let us know!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropboxer
    HuS Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?