cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our users can answer all of your questions on files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Android App stuck on Finding Photos to Upload

Helpful | Level 5

My Android app (version 166.2.4, updated November 12), on a Galaxy S9+ (Android 9) has been stuck on Finding Photos to Upload for about two weeks now.

I've taken many photos since then, including a long trip to Disney World. I've rebooted the phone, gone on and off airplane mode, checked all the photo upload settings (photo uploads on, can use phone data, battery higher than limit, all photos, no limitations on file size, etc). I've cleared cache, restarted the app itself, and checked for app updates.

But no matter what, no photos will upload for the last two weeks. Any help?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Android App stuck on Finding Photos to Upload

Helpful | Level 5

Yeah, did check through all these settings as well; everything was set pretty much as it always has been (upload using phone data, upload videos without limit, upload so long as battery over 10%, don't worry about charging, etc.).

In the end, I uninstalled the app, reinstalled it, and managed to finally get it uploading again after a little more fiddling. Took a bit to chew through 1500 pictures of the most magical place on earth!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for posting about this @armandopenblade!

I am sure you had an amazing time. Happy to help you keep your magic Disney moments safe in your Dropbox account!  

Since you have your data tangled on and you have already tried rebooting the app (and your phone I guess ) now I would like us to check a setting of your Dropbox app. 

On Android:
- Open the Dropbox app
- Tap the menu
- Tap Settings
- (if applicable) Select the account under which you enabled Camera Uploads
- Under Camera Uploads, tap 'Background Uploading
- Check it is not set to 'Only while phone is charging'

Fun fact, first time my Dropbox account was over quota I was in Disney World! 

If this doesn't help please get back to me. 

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

Yeah, did check through all these settings as well; everything was set pretty much as it always has been (upload using phone data, upload videos without limit, upload so long as battery over 10%, don't worry about charging, etc.).

In the end, I uninstalled the app, reinstalled it, and managed to finally get it uploading again after a little more fiddling. Took a bit to chew through 1500 pictures of the most magical place on earth!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

fist-bump.png                                                       So happy to hear that!  

See you around in the Community! 

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?