cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Answers on how 14 files make up for current storage of 2.9G

Answers on how 14 files make up for current storage of 2.9G

itsjustj
Explorer | Level 3

The Dropbox system says I've exceeded my quota because it's 2GB.  My current storge is 2.9GB.  So question is, how can I audit that to find out which files (only 14 in Dropbox) are costing me 2.9G.  Just doesn't make sense.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Answers on how 14 files make up for current storage of 2.9G

Mark
Super User II

It depends upon what type the files are - music or video files for example could take up a lot of quota. 

At www.dropbox.com/home if you mouse over the menu bar near 'Modified' you can see a down arrow. Click on that to change what options are displayed. You can make one show size which should help.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Mark
Super User II

It depends upon what type the files are - music or video files for example could take up a lot of quota. 

At www.dropbox.com/home if you mouse over the menu bar near 'Modified' you can see a down arrow. Click on that to change what options are displayed. You can make one show size which should help.

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

itsjustj
Explorer | Level 3

See screenshot for details about your instructions  

Dropbox issues.png

Mark
Super User II

The word MODIFIED appears just under your yellow box, to the right of NAME. 

You need to mouse over that word to see the dropdown box. 

itsjustj
Explorer | Level 3

You were right that sometimes files end up large than I thought.  So after seeing the size of each, I found Dropbox was pretty right on the storage size I was using.  So thanks to everyone.  This was quicker than most emails to support desks for other products I have.  Thanks again.  

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?