cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any pitfalls to watch for completing file requests on any kind of smartphone?

Any pitfalls to watch for completing file requests on any kind of smartphone?

MicMarMic
New member | Level 2

I'm setting up a File Request to upload videos for a collaborative effort and before going ahead i want to make sure it will work for most devices, especially phones owned by non-technical users. For me, everything works quite simply, as expected, but I can only test on an iPad. I've been googling and quickly looking at this forum to find what kind of issue might have been reported in the past, but I'm having a hard time finding anything useful. Maybe it's a good sign and means things should work just fine for most. 

So, can I expect most users to have no issue at all clicking on the file request URL in their mail app on their smartphone, select a video file from the browser window and upload it?

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Re: Any pitfalls to watch for completing file requests on any kind of smartphone?

Daphne
Dropboxer
Hey @MicMarMic, welcome to the Community!

When you tap the file request link on a mobile device, this will open it up in the web browser, where they can indeed upload the file from there.

If they do have any questions, or run into any errors, you could even send this this article too.

I hope this info helps, let me know if you have any other questions!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?