cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our users can answer all of your questions on files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Any way to remove outdated shared folder notifications?

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Someone shared a folder with me, I accepted the invitation and got the notification about it. The owner of that folder has removed it, but I can still see the notification that I joined that shared folder, when I click on the Dropbox icon on the menu bar. Same thing with another folder I was invited to, but didn't accept it before the folder got removed.

See the screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ui20mjcwnunv4m/dropbox-shared-folder-notifications.png?dl=0

21 Replies 21
Highlighted

Re: Any way to remove outdated shared folder notifications?

Super User II
Super User II

No there isnt.

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Create your own shared folder and leave and join it a few times, that should push those off the list.

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

That's BS.

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

It would be nice to have a fix for this.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

That's pretty darn ridiculous.

Seriously?

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

This is BS and so is not being able to clear the events list. I'm shopping for another online storage provider. 

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

They are just slack on somethings, no way to clear it as it reads them from a generated log, so it always takes the last ones.

the same with events, the cant be cleared as they are a generated log, its created from file history info, so you cant remove them, unless you permenantly delete the file (which means no history so no events) (which is also pretty wack!)

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

I agree this sucks. Every time I check my notifications, there's the same old one.  My mind has to process this and ignore it each time.  Very annoying.  I also can't believe there is no email notifications when someone adds something to a shared folder.  I have a 1TB subscription but will probably cancel when the year is up.

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

James K. : its not an email notification its an RSS feed (which is pretty much the same thing)

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Polls
Have you been keeping up good habits while working from home?
We've created a working from home cheat sheet to help keep up on those habits, check it out here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?