cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attachments from Dropbox

Attachments from Dropbox

New member | Level 2

I have a stationary Mac, OS X 10.10.5. Until just recently I have sent attachments from dropbox by email og by Messenger without a problem. Now this option has disappered both in my email and on Messenger. That it happens in both places makes me think that the problem lies with Dropbox. Can anyone help? The replies above were not helpful.

3 Replies 3

Re: Attachments from Dropbox

Dropboxer

Hey @Eyfi, I'd be happy to help look into this with you. 

Out of curiosity though, could you clarify the exact steps you would previously take to send these attachments? 

Were you sharing the files via a shared link by any chance? 

Keep me posted!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

New member | Level 2

Thanks Lusil!

In my email or Messenger I would choose "attach a document". Then several options appear from where to take the document. Presently, desktop, documents, downloads and several others show up but no  Dropbox. It used to there but no longer. My Dropbox is up to date. Does this help?

Eyfi

Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to us here @Eyfi!

So it sounds like you were attaching the files from the local Dropbox folder on your computer, is that right? Or did it redirect you to your Dropbox account online?

When you choose to add an attachment, can you try choosing to browse your computer and navigate to the file within the Dropbox folder from there?

Let me know - cheers!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?