cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio glitch occurring when uploading videos

Highlighted

Audio glitch occurring when uploading videos

New member | Level 2

Hi. I have uploaded a video of a slide presentation which has no errors in the original file, however when I upload it to dropbox the second last slide glitches and includes audio from the first slide. I am not sure why this is happening or how to stop it. I have had to use a different file transfer service as the file is no longer able to be utilised and presented as it has a glaring error within it. Any ideas on how this can be rectified or feedback sent to a helpdesk?

Thanks

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Audio glitch occurring when uploading videos

Dropboxer

Hi @Tdouglas, I hope you're having a good day so far!

Are you having this issue when you preview the file in Dropbox online, through one of the Dropbox apps, or when the file has been downloaded locally?

Also, can you clarify for me what file type this file is?

Keep me posted - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

Hi Daphne,

Thanks for your response. Day is going well, I hope yours is also.

To answer your question, the glitch is happening both when it is previewed and when it is downloaded locally. It is as though the uploaded file has been corrupted with the audio bite. The unusual thing is that it isn't even the complete sound bite but only a 2 second clip.

The filetype is an mp4.

Thanks in advance.

Tdouglas

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me here @Tdouglas!

That does indeed sound a little strange. 🤔

Are you using the same app to view the downloaded file, that was used for the original file too?

If you try downloading the file through an incognito window, or another web browser, does the file have the same issue?

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?