cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio "Not Available" after download from Dropbox

Audio "Not Available" after download from Dropbox

Explorer | Level 3

After downloading a wav file from dropbox iTunes says it is unavailable and shows the length as 0:00. In dropbox, I am able to see the audio, listen to the audio, and see the audio length as 35:00 for this particular wav. What causes this? Is it the way the file was uploaded? I did not upload file? Any advice here would be more than welcome. 

The audio was downloaded directly from a SD card to DropBox Transfer Folder. The SD card is from a Zoom Recorder. I can see and hear the audio in dropboxI can see and hear the audio in dropboxThe Size seems small for a 35 minute audio wav fileThe Size seems small for a 35 minute audio wav fileITunes SS DB .jpgError Message when opened with QuikTimeError Message when opened with QuikTime

3 Replies 3

Re: Audio "Not Available" after download from Dropbox

Dropboxer

Hi @RTM33, thanks for posting on the Community!

It sounds like the file is corrupted in some way, so it won't be playable.

Have you tried downloading the file again to see if this helps? 

Let me know how it goes!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3

I did re-download with the same result. The confusing part is that I can hear and see the audio in dropbox. I really could use these files or have to reschedule and rerecord 2 podcasts with hard to schedule guests. Dropbox support has not replied to my case

Dropboxer

Have you tried using a different audio player on your computer, perhaps the audio was recorded using a codec that your current player cannot handle?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?