Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Automatic Backup of Folder to Dropbox (Windows 10).

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I realize this is just as much of a windows question as Drop Box one. I also post this question with caveat that is this is not inherently what Drop Box is intended for.

Background on why I need to do it this way is below.

Problem: I am looking for a way ( ideallywithout using 3rd party apps) to copy/backup a folder on the computer automatically to dropbox every week. I do know of some 3rd party apps which can do this (synctoy).

---

I am an audio engineer, and my audio console utilizes all of its inner workings into a small file. This is why having the console work directly from a synced folder in drop box could pose a reliability problem. This backup is just to act as an automatic way to share showfile settings across 9+ venues, and to act as an additional soft backup point. Right now this is being done manually. Would love to find a way to automate this.

I appreciate your help! 

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Automatic Backup of Folder to Dropbox (Windows 10).

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @mccreadym, I hope you're well today!

There isn't currently a way to do this through Dropbox at the moment, so I'm afraid I'd have to suggest using a third party app to accomplish this task.

We don't have any official integrations with another app that would do this task for you, but I'm sure that there are other users here who can recommend some for you. I'm sure a quick web search will give some good suggestions for you too.

Sorry that I can't be of much more help with this one, but please feel free to get back to me here with any other questions.

Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?