cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our users can answer all of your questions on files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic downloading of files

Explorer | Level 4

Has anyone found a way of automatically downloading files weekly from someone's dropbox?

I need to download mp3 files every week. The file name is the same every week, just the file modified date has changed.

Ideally I'd like something like Internet Download Manager to dowload and overwrite each of these files on my hard drive each week .

2 Replies 2
Highlighted

Re: Automatic downloading of files

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2
Hi
First if all, you can change the protocole because having files with the same name isn’t advisable,
Secondly, you can rename the downladed file each week befor the new file comes in on your local folder with a different name which will cause dropbox to mirror it to your cloud, then, the new recording will replace the old one but you’ll have it because you’ve already saved it With a different name.
The only downside is that by the end of the 4th week, you’ll have 4 files which will take up your space.
Highlighted

Re: Automatic downloading of files

Explorer | Level 4

Sorry this isn't what I'm looking for.

The file name needs to be the same so that it over-writes the existing one. I'm already doing this using FTP but wondered if dropbox would offer the same facility

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?