cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically syncing all files in a folder I am saving to

Automatically syncing all files in a folder I am saving to

JLipkin31
New member | Level 2

Been having an issue for a long time a am gettingg really sick of dealing with it. I work in the creative world where I am creating images and graphics in Photoshop and After Effects. I like to directly render and save elements to Dropbox, as most of what I create needs to be shared. The annoying issue I am running into, is when I set the render folder withing the program to a Dropbox folder, Dropbox automatically starts to sync any files in that folder to "local" from "online only." That then causes my sync process to get bogged down syncing files that arent supposed to be local and queing the new file behind. I also have to then go back and re-set those other files back to "online only." Please tell me there is a fix to this! Driving me nuts.

-J

3 Replies 3

Re: Automatically syncing all files in a folder I am saving to

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hi there @JLipkin31, thanks for reaching out to us. 

Out of curiosity, what type of files are the rest of the items in that folder?

Also, do you get the same behavior if you pause syncing, save any changes you make to the file, and resume syncing?

Let me know what you find and we'll take it from there, cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Cradzz
New member | Level 2

Same here!

I work in the creative world using photoshop and rendering programs. I set finished projects to "online-only" but the most recent ones always auto-sync back onto my computer when opening programs. 

I noticed that it's usually the most recent projects that, photoshop, for example, ends up syncing back to my harddrive. When you open the program it usually shows you a few projects for "quick access" and I think Photoshop tries to pull these files and causes them to sync back to your computer. 

It is mega annoying. Especially since full asset folders of gigs of data all start downloading at once =/

Walter
Dropboxer
Hey @Cradzz; thanks for joining the discussion and sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

Can you please confirm that you're indeed seeing what's outlined in this Help Center article?

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?