cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back abilities, creating Dropbox paper homepage that links together several Dropbox paper sheets?

Highlighted

Back abilities, creating Dropbox paper homepage that links together several Dropbox paper sheets?

New member | Level 2

I am attempting to use dropbox paper as a wiki, linking several dropbox paper sheets together with one of them being a home page. How can I make it so when the "back to home" arrow on the upper left is clicked, it goes back to the home page of the wiki, rather than the dropbox folder where all the paper sheets are housed?

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Back abilities, creating Dropbox paper homepage that links together several Dropbox paper she...

Dropboxer

Hello @lcrawford, I hope you've had a good week so far!

While you wouldn't be able to change the page that the "back" button redirects to, I could make a few suggestions to achieve what you're looking for.

If your main "home" page is the first doc that people will use, if they then click on a link within to another doc then clicking the back arrow will take them back to the "home" page. This would be because they visited the "home" doc first.

Otherwise, maybe you can include either at the top/bottom of the other docs an embedded link on "Back to Home page". To embed a link, you can simply type the text you'd like, select the text and then Ctrl+V to paste the link and creating the embedded link.

While it's not exactly what you were looking for, I hope these suggestions will give you a good idea of the functions you can use.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Re: Back abilities, creating Dropbox paper homepage that links together several Dropbox paper she...

New member | Level 2

Thanks for your response!

It seems to have been a permissions issue, but thanks so much for highlighting the back button options!

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me here @lcrawford!

I'm glad to hear that you got to the bottom of that, and the steps I mentioned were of some help.

If you need anything else, please feel free to drop me another message here. I'd be happy to help out.

Hope you have a great week!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?