cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backing up two devices on one HDD?

Backing up two devices on one HDD?

New member | Level 2

Hi there! I am using DB Business with my Team. I was wondering if I could use my 2TB external Harddrive as a storage for two devices but the same account. And all this without creating two different folders on the harddrive. So that my both my devices can grab their offline files from the harddrive. Is that possible?

Stay safe and thanks a lot

2 Replies 2

Re: Backing up two devices on one HDD?

Explorer | Level 4

Hi izumj,

I don't see a problem with using your 2TB Harddrive as a storage for two devices. 

But my question is: why don't you create two folers on the harddrive? It's so much easier for the back-ups because you can just seperate them. I mean, you can totally use only one folder, but I think it makes things just more complicated in the long-run. But that's just my opinion. 

Also, have you thought about using an SDD instead of HDD? 

There's a really good article in German (but you can translate it really easily on Google Translate for example:disappointed face: https:confused face:/www.kaufberater.io/de-de/externe-festplatte-test/

It also explains how you can use your HDD in the best way possible, so you can maybe take a look at it.

Hope I could help you out a little.

Greetings

Re: Backing up two devices on one HDD?

New member | Level 2

Thank you for your response and recommendations! I am working with large folders like 500GB. Using two folders would be too much for my 2TB HDD then, i guess.. I want to avoid creating two folders with nearly identical folders on the harddrive. I'm using a HDD because it is here :grinning face with smiling eyes: 

So i will try it and see Thank you again! 

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?