cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup deletes computer files.

Backup deletes computer files.

MediaAl
New member | Level 2

Backup deletes computer files. Support subpar. Agent leaves in middle of chat because shift is over. Not allowed to escalate or speak on phone.

16 Replies 16

KID1
Helpful | Level 5

@Daphnestill no files. I have followed up but am going to start moving all my files out of Dropbox as I no longer trust it. I would greatly appreciate guidance on how to safely retrieve my files. I have tried and found lots of errors. I don't want to end up in a situation where I lose more files.

Daphne
Dropbox Staff

The Dropbox Facebook page isn't our live chat support channel @anonymous, but we do provide support there. In this case, you wouldn't get a chat transcript as it's not the chat support.

Can you send me a screenshot of that interaction so I can check on this from my side? Our social media channels are moderated between Monday to Friday, from 3am to 7pm CST so if it was outside of these times then it would be expected.

If you have edit rights to a folder you'll be able to add files, delete them and make edits to the files in the folder. If you don't have a Dropbox account then shared links can only be viewed and downloaded.

Would you mind letting me know your ticket number (eg. #1234567) @KID1, so I can check on this?

Also, can you let me know if you have the files that you want to retrieve in your account online, or do you still have them within the local Dropbox folder?

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Not applicable

I deleted my account. Awful experience and those who lead Dropbox have no intention of improving the produce.

Marko747
Explorer | Level 4

Sorry, don't have the ticket number. I was chatting with Sebastian, if that helps at all.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Marko747, are you having some kind of issue that you reached out to our support for?

I'm not seeing any other replies from you on this thread, did you raise an issue on a different one maybe?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Marko747
Explorer | Level 4

Yes, I was on a chat line with Sebastion, so I have no record of it. I was just trying to find out how to de-couple the DB backup process without deleting everything on DB and my PC. This procedure is not covered anywhere in the literature I have found over the past two days, although I'm reasonably sure it must have been included somewhere in the design of the product. It would be WONDERFUL if you could help me on this!  🙂

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

No worries, Marko!

If you want to disable the backup feature, you can follow the steps in this article.

I hope this helps!

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    Marko747 Explorer | Level 4
    anonymous Not applicable
What do Dropbox user levels mean?