cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup

rwaibel
Explorer | Level 3

In spite of repeated attempts to stop Dropbox from synching and / or backing up certain files it repeated turns them back on. This then put me over the limit and I get constant notices that my Dropbox is full and I need to add more space. This is nothing more that a flagrant and blatant attempt to blackmail me to pay more and add storage I don't need / want. I do NOT need to back up my files to Dropbox nor synch them. I have a vert few limited number of files that I want available to me and family through Dropbox. If you don't fix this, I will uninstall Dropbox and recommend that everyone I know does so also.

5 Replies 5

Re: Backup

Mark
Super User II

There isnt anything to fix - Dropbox sync's what you tell it. If youve told it to sync things it will. You need to turn off (I assume) the backup tool and system via https://help.dropbox.com/installs-integrations/sync-uploads/computer-backup

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

rwaibel
Explorer | Level 3

Mark,

If you read my comment you would know that I HAVE turned off backup MULTIPLE times. Dropbox keeps turning it back on!

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hi there @rwaibel, thanks for checking in with us and sorry to hear about your frustration. 

Could you send us a screenshot of your Backup tab and let me know which version of the desktop app you're running?

You can find the latter by hovering over the Dropbox icon that's next to your computer's clock. 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

rwaibel
Explorer | Level 3

I've already uninstalled Dropbox and want nothing further to do with you. It is virtually impossible to reach technical support and this was a blatant attempt to extort money for something I did not want. You used to be a good company - not anymore.

rwaibel
Explorer | Level 3

I've already uninstalled Dropbox and want nothing further to do with you. It is impossible to reach technical support and this was nothing less than an attempt to extort money for something I do not want. Dropbox used to be a good company - not anymore.

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?