cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block downloading, view only with an online expiration date.

Block downloading, view only with an online expiration date.

Explorer | Level 3

I want my customer to view online only. I want to prevent my customer from downloading my PowerPoint presentations. Also I need an expiry date for my customer's access to my online PowerPoint presentations. Can you do this? DennisJF September 06, 2020

3 Replies 3

Re: Block downloading, view only with an online expiration date.

Dropboxer

Hi @DennisJF; thanks for joining the Community!

It sounds like our shared links feature would work for you as, with those, you can disable downloads and/or add an expiry date as well. 

For more information on the advanced settings for shared links, please take a look here.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any follow up questions. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Preview Limit of 288mb for PowerPoints is too small

Explorer | Level 3

I would have bought the Professional Edition today for $200 a year if you did not have a 288 mb limit on PowerPoint previews. I have PowerPoints up to 607 mbs due to the inclusion of mp4 videos.  The videos are important teaching tools for domestic violence offenders mandated by the courts in Nevada for group online counseling sessions.

Dennis Fitzpatrick 

Supervisor 

September 8, 2020

Re: Block downloading, view only with an online expiration date.

Explorer | Level 3

Walter:  The Dropbox solution doesn't work for me because there is a 288mb restriction on PowerPoints.   My PowerPoints are largerr because they contain mp4 video files.  These videos are important since they are helpful in training court mandated domestic violence offenders in 90 minute online sessions.  This is also why they cannot be segmented since the presentation needs to be continuous.  Thank you anyway.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?