cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Block-level sync for VeraCrypt not working post 83.4.152 update

Block-level sync for VeraCrypt not working post 83.4.152 update

bph2019
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Greetings all,

After DB auto-updated to 83.4.152, I noticed that the block-level syncing doesn't seem to be detecting changes anymore for my VeraCrypt container.

Before the update, everytime I dismount my VC encrypted container, DB will index the file and compare the deltas at the block-level -- syncing the block-level changes.  However, after the 152 update, I've noticed that even with lots of changes in the VC container, after I dismount, DB detects no changes to the encrypted file.  I end up having a bunch of conflicts when trying to sync between machines via the "rename the file and rename it back" approach.

Could someone share resolution or your similar experiences if you're also using encrypted containers with DB?

Thanks,

BPH

143 Replies 143

J-Ling
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

That takes too long.

Could someone recommend another service with working blocklevel-sync for .vc/.tc containers?

Thank you very much in advanced.

Tom30
Collaborator | Level 9
Go to solution

@John L.2 Hi, any update on this? I have confirmed the ticket content. When can we expect a fix for synching containers with any file-containers? This is still a BLOCKER. Please let me know the next steps.

BTW: I have a filed with *.vc extension and I am still (since many updates) experiencing issues: Sometimes if the content of the *.vc file is changed, the changes are not directly uploaded to Dropbox. Sometimes this needs a restart of the dropbox client in advance. This is really annoying and is not ok if you do not always remember that issue and you then again end up with 2 files that you have to merge on and on again. 

Tom30
Collaborator | Level 9
Go to solution

jonb1
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi,

I've just recently started having a problem with syncing veracrypt files on windows 10. I've used this setup for a long time and no issues until recently.

I have a veracrypt container I keep in my dropbox folder. Usually if I open it, makes changes to files within it, then close the container, dropbox will sync the container.

However starting just recently, I can make changes to the file within the container, close the container but dropbox will not sync.

If I then open the container on a different computer, I end up with conflicting files.

Can anyone offer suggestions?

Thanks

Jon

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there @jonb1, thanks for reaching out to us here!

I've just moved your post here as it seems that you're having a similar issue as described here.

Could you check out this post from John and let us know what you find?

Keep us posted!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

nei a.
Experienced | Level 11
Go to solution

as it is sitll not properly fixed, any timeline?

Tom30
Collaborator | Level 9
Go to solution

@Daphne Can you elobarate on  my quetions above? 

MSDDROP
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I tested today as noticed the same thing.  THe fix that worked for me was as per below.

Within Veracrypt -> Preferences -> Untick Preserve modification timestamp of conntainers.
Now each time I close a Mounted Volumn I can see it Sync up (changes only as only takes a second).

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you here @Tom30!

At the moment I don't have an update to share with you on this, we'll make sure to update this thread when we have some news to share.

If there's anything else that I can help with in the meantime, please let me know!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Tom30
Collaborator | Level 9
Go to solution

Hello @Daphne ,

don't get me wrong but: Are you serious?

The ticket has been open since October (!!!) last year and I addressed different staff members weeks and months ago.

We do get no useful information, just information about delays.

Is this really how you treat your customers?

I finally see why people are leaving dropbox.

Need more support?