cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to make our Community work for you and we need your help. Take our short survey!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Both original and edited photos uploading to Dropbox account

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I really didn't even want to come back here because the lack of a solution is just depressing, however this fresh activity came through my email and I thought maybe they found a solution. I didn't want to hear the "...you can simply upload your photos and apply the editing...blah blah blah". And then there it is again, just today. Lusil, go back and start at the beginning of this thread and read every description of the problem, and then the many, many responses to the Dropbox'"solution." I'm not going to even bother explaining how an iPhone 11 works, it's all in the thread.

However, when I discovered my Amazon Prime comes with unlimited photo storage, I moved on. I haven't given up on Dropbox, I just don't rely on their photo uploading and handling anymore.

Highlighted

how to stop 2 copies of each photo being uploaded

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi, Im wondering how to stop 2 copies of each photo being uploaded to dropbox on my phone. It seems to automatically save the old version of an edited photo, even when i dont keep the old version. Why is it uploading that way?

Highlighted

Re: how to stop 2 copies of each photo being uploaded

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @drag0nnat; welcome to the Community!

I just moved your post under this thread as your inquiry seems to echo the OP.

At your earliest convenience, please take a look at this discussion and if you have any questions, just let me know. 

To everyone that's following this thread, thank you for your extensive feedback; it has been noted in our system. 

Stay safe! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

Yes. This is super annoying.

If dropbox can add "-1" at the end of the edited files, I'm sure you can identify what's original and edited. A simple function/option to trigger if users would like to have the original version saved would have solved this problem!

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

Dropbox could do a lot of things, but they DON'T CARE.  After watching them for years it's become quite apparant that they aren't moving forward. 

Short the stock.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

Of course they could figure out how to upload only the latest version.  It's worked that way since the beginning.  Uploading two versions of the same picture takes up twice as much space and therefore allows them to charge more for usage.  Pretty simple concept when you don't care about feedback from your customers.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6
TO DROP TECHNICAL SUPPORT:

Please let us hear from you; tell Paying Subscribers you are listening, you have or are working on a solution; that this matters, because it matters to us. TY
Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

I am watching all the answers to the questions regarding photos duplicating edited and originals. so far I'm seeing a lot of unhappy customers which does not make me happy.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6
I just sent a Message direct to Technical Support. We need to hear direct on this issue.
Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

dev help is indeed needed!

this is ridiculous that both photos are being uploaded to camera uploads, which increases my data storage causing an increase monthly price! this is unacceptable! i strongly suggest dropbox read the ever-growing complaints about this issue and revert back to the original way which was to ONLY upload photos that are in the camera photos, NOT those deleted. it is unacceptable to ask clients, as in people who pay you money, to edit photos once on the computer. the time involved in having to delete the unwanted images is costly.

i would appreciate a reply via this thread, as well as an email, [mod - removed personal info]

thank yoy,

-valorie

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?