cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our users can answer all of your questions on files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Both original and edited photos uploading to Dropbox account

Helpful | Level 6

@GIJoel - Exactly, what were they thinking?! 

If Dropbox doesn't fix this I'll be looking for another photo storage option - and I've been a Dropbox customer for years with the 2TB plan. It would be a pain to switch but maybe not as much pain as having to go thru and edit/delete duplicates for all the photos I take with my iphone

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

Who edits their photos in Dropbox? This is NOT a solution, just a work around for a stupid feature of Dropbox.  Dropbox - you better get a handle on how your users actually use your product - this is not it!

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

Agreed this is a real pain! Either per default do the logical thing and ONLY UPLOAD THE EDITED version, after all this is what I wanted the photo to be like and it's the one I want in my backup. Or you give people a setting to select if they want edited, original or both. But the current solution is plain annoying and this ISSUE IS ABSOLUTE NOT SOLVED @Walter please have another look!

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

Dropbox Team, please!  Many have weighed in and this IS a big issue. I take as many as 800-1000 pictures per one international trip and cannot have DOUBLE the photos uploading. I love Dropbox but this is an issue we need you to solve for users. I keep seeing others comments, but nothing from Dopbox.  Let us know if you are actively working to solve this issue for us?  Thank you!

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

This has been frustrating for me as well.  I would think giving the users the option to upload both or only the final would be fairly easy to implement.  If not, just go back to the old way.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6
Thanks. I just got am an email that my Dropbox will be renewed soon and will be $20 more a year. Will this issue with, basically Dropbox creating photos that are unwanted, be resolved soon? $20 extra a year and all that effort I have to put in to delete duplicated photos.
Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

@Walterplease change the status from Solved to Unsolved.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hello again people - apologies for the tardy response and thank you all for your patience.

At this point, allow me to re-iterate that when our camera uploads feature looks to upload new photos on your iOS device(s), it will upload the edited image (filters like Portrait, etc) along with the original.

To tackle this behavior, you can apply the filters you'd like on your photos after you've uploaded them to your account as this would be the way to prevent both files (the original along with the edited one) from uploading to your account or manually upload the files you'd like using the (+) button.

I have also made the team aware of your feedback on this - thank you for taking the time to submit your use-cases and pain points with us. 

In closing, I was able to find a relevant feature request thread in our 'Share an Idea' section. Feel free to contribute there and upvote it too. Here's the link to the discussion: 

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox/Syncing-original-AND-edited/idi-p/346397

PS: @JohanP : I'm sorry I won't be able to do this as the solution was accepted by the OP himself!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5
Goodbye Dropbox.
Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6
This didn’t solve the issue and nothing has changed. I am in the process of switching all my photos over to iCloud and then will cancel Dropbox. Been using since 2012.. Shame it isn’t listening to its users.
Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?