cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug: Recent changed files tab

Bug: Recent changed files tab

pehlm
Helpful | Level 6

When I updated to the new desktop version (Linux, 100.4.409) yesterday on my computer, I run Ubuntu 18.04, with Xubuntu (even tried with Ubuntu desktop), recent changed files tab was there in the tray menu but no recent files were displayed at all, just a menu bar as if I clicked on it did nothing at all. Before the latest update this worked perfectly. It is'nt so good not
having this feature, and see what was recently changed. Thanks.

11 Replies 11

Re: Bug: Recent changed files tab

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hi @pehlm, I'd be happy to help look into this with you. 

I'll just need a few more details, to make sure I have a better understanding of your concern. For example:

• Are you running the latest stable version of the desktop app (100.4.409)?
  • Have you edited any files locally recently? 
  • If you have and you are on a paid subscription, are they currently Smart Synced as local or online-only?

Any additional info and screenshots would be very helpful. Thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

pehlm
Helpful | Level 6

Hi, thanks for replying!

I'm running Ubuntu Linux 18.04.

Yes I'm currently running the stable version 100.4.409, this issue started with the latest update to that version.

I haven't edit any files on my computer.

Are Smart Sync available on Linux? I'm using same sync as usual using Dropbox Plus 2 TB: all files are synced to my computer from Dropbox (not selective sync).

How can I attach a screenshot-image to this post? Don't see any option for that here.

Lusil
Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me, @pehlm

I've replied back to you on this thread, so when you get the chance, check my reply and don't hesitate to get back to me. 

Cheers! 

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

TiredLinuxUser
Helpful | Level 6

Dropbox simly does not worry about its Linux customers -- even paying customers. Every couple of weeks, I get a message from the tech support saying "engineers are working on a fix." Surely, this is not something that shouuld take months to fix. I am forced to use dropbox though their linux support is non existant because I am locked-in --- all my collaborators use dropbox.

Furstrated linux user.

Lani_Rani
Explorer | Level 3

스크린샷, 2020-09-12 02-41-41.png

"Recently changed files" and "pause alarm" are the problems. Doesn't open when clicked.

If you click 15 to 30 times, you will succeed if you are lucky If successful, you can open the "Recently Changed Files" and "Pause Alarms" internal menus. But this is too annoying and difficult. Too many clicks to see the sub-menu.

I use Debian 10_Gnome3. I don't know if it's Linux all or Gnome3, but this bug hasn't been fixed in a while.

TiredLinuxUser
Helpful | Level 6

A drobbox engineer confirmed this bug (and I quote from her email):

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. 

It looks like this issue is due to nautilus-dropbox. I just discovered this is an issue earlier this week and I have already flagged this for our engineers to look into. On one of my devices, I have an older nautilus-dropbox which works as expected. On my other device, I have a newer version of nautilus-dropbox and this is where I see the issues. I am currently in conversations with the engineers to get details on how we can revert back to earlier version to help correct this issue. 

shmu26
Helpful | Level 7

I am running Ubuntu 20.10 with Plasma desktop, and Dropbox v115.4.601

I have the issue with recently changed files not displaying. The same with snooze notifications.

It is worth mentioning that when I switched to Gnome desktop (the default desktop for Ubuntu) everything worked as expected. So the issue is specific to the KDE Plasma desktop.

inxi -F
System:    Host: shmuel-ubuntu Kernel: 5.8.0-48-generic x86_64 bits: 64 Desktop: KDE Plasma 5.19.5 
           Distro: Ubuntu 20.10 (Groovy Gorilla) 
Machine:   Type: Desktop Mobo: ASUSTeK model: PRIME B365M-A v: Rev X.0x serial: <superuser/root required> 
           UEFI: American Megatrends v: 1203 date: 10/10/2019 
CPU:       Info: 8-Core model: Intel Core i7-9700 bits: 64 type: MCP L2 cache: 12.0 MiB 
           Speed: 800 MHz min/max: 800/4700 MHz Core speeds (MHz): 1: 800 2: 800 3: 800 4: 800 5: 800 6: 800 7: 800 8: 800 
Graphics:  Device-1: Intel UHD Graphics 630 driver: i915 v: kernel 
           Device-2: IMC Networks XHC Camera type: USB driver: uvcvideo 
           Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.9 driver: modesetting unloaded: fbdev,vesa resolution: 1: 1920x1080~60Hz 
           2: 1920x1080~60Hz 
           OpenGL: renderer: Mesa Intel UHD Graphics 630 (CFL GT2) v: 4.6 Mesa 20.2.6 
Audio:     Device-1: Intel 200 Series PCH HD Audio driver: snd_hda_intel 
           Device-2: JMTek LLC. type: USB driver: hid-generic,snd-usb-audio,usbhid 
           Sound Server: ALSA v: k5.8.0-48-generic 
Network:   Device-1: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet driver: r8169 
           IF: enp3s0 state: up speed: 1000 Mbps duplex: full mac: a8:5e:45:e2:87:3c 
           Device-2: Realtek 802.11ac NIC type: USB driver: rtl8821cu 
           IF: wlx200db0415dd5 state: down mac: 20:0d:b0:41:5d:d5 
Drives:    Local Storage: total: 2.26 TiB used: 728.96 GiB (31.6%) 
           ID-1: /dev/sda vendor: Kingston model: SA400S37480G size: 447.13 GiB 
           ID-2: /dev/sdb vendor: Toshiba model: HDWD120 size: 1.82 TiB 
Partition: ID-1: / size: 104.88 GiB used: 38.16 GiB (36.4%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/sda6 
Swap:      Alert: No Swap data was found. 
Sensors:   System Temperatures: cpu: 29.8 C mobo: 27.8 C 
           Fan Speeds (RPM): N/A 
Info:      Processes: 391 Uptime: 10h 10m Memory: 15.50 GiB used: 7.90 GiB (51.0%) Shell: Bash inxi: 3.1.07 

2021-04-08_10-27.png

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi there @shmu26, thanks for the report!

Since the version of the app you're using is slightly old, could you see if you get any different results using our most recent, stable version of the app, namely 119.4.1772?

Walter
dropbox.com/support

shmu26
Helpful | Level 7

The issue persists with version 1772. I copied a new file into the dropbox folder and waiting for it to upload, and the "recently changed files" doesn't open.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

shmu26 Helpful | Level 7
    Walter Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?