cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Bulk delete shared links

Bulk delete shared links

m-go
Helpful | Level 6

I just found that deleting all the shared links that accumulate over time isn't that easy. In fact, I have to click on each one's ellipsis and then click again on "Delete". Imagine the fun I had for all those files and folders.

May I suggest Dropbox made more use of the concept called "Checkbox", which is widely used in other parts of it's UI.

5 Replies 5

Lusil
Dropbox Staff

Hi there @m-go, thanks for checking in with us!

Although there isn't currently a direct option for you to remove all shared links with one click, you can check out this thread where users have suggested a few workarounds. 

You can also post your idea here where like-minded users can share their interest and upvote. 

Hope this helps!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

m-go
Helpful | Level 6

Thanks, Lusil.

It's funny the "accepted solution" is still a two years old JS hack created by a user.

See, that would be OK if Dropbox was the friendly team of hackers from the garage next door. No offense to the support team, but I think it's a little embarassing for a 8bn company.

Steve S.86
Helpful | Level 6

"It's funny that..."...no it is not funny at all, it's unbelievable.

Still, as per the previous post, why is this hack even necessary???

Are there so few developers in Dropbox that there is no-one to put a "Check All" checkbox??

Are they all so busy inventing new collaborative features that no-one is asking for??

I note that in the referenced thread, the jquery version worked, but not the pure javascript version posted later, as the ids and classes appear to have changed in the page.

greghaygood
New member | Level 2

Here's an updated snippet of code that works with the current UI:

var list = document.querySelectorAll('#links-list .mc-popover-trigger')

for( var index = 0; index < list.length; index++ )
{
    var popup = list[index]
    popup.click()
    var deleteLink = document.querySelector('.delete-link')
    if (deleteLink) {
        deleteLink.click()
        document.getElementsByClassName( "button-primary dbmodal-button" )[0].click();
    }
}

Dave84935
New member | Level 2

4 years on and this still isn't a native option to the UI? 🙄

Need more support?