cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSV Export of comments

CSV Export of comments

Explorer | Level 4

Is it possible to download comments as a .csv file?

I'm making sound for films, and it's nice to send files for review with Dropbox as the director can comment with time code stored for each comment. However, it would save me a great amount of time if I just could export all those comments as a CSV file wich I then could import into my daw for efficient review. Is this possible, or would you consider adding such a feature? I'm sure this would apply to a lot of people. I know i.e. frame.io offers csv export of comments.

3 Replies 3

Re: CSV Export of comments

Dropboxer

Hi there @AmboltAudio, thanks for checking in with us. 

Currently, there's no way to export comments, but you can have a look at this thread, where users suggest to be able to export comments as .doc or .pdf files. 

Would that be something you're interested in?

Let me know, cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 4

Hi, thanks for your reply. I just finished reading the discussion on the link you provided, but I can not see any solutions presented even for .doc or .pdf?

However, it's actually quite easy to just mark all comments and copy them into a xls/numbers/doc, but unfortunately it would not be to any help for my current needs.

Dropboxer

Hi @AmboltAudio, the link was provided to confirm if this was similar to your own request. If it was, you could add your own vote to the post.

With enough votes, the dev team could look into this possibility in future, as this feature isn't currently possible on the Dropbox site.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?