cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculate size by folder by default

Highlighted

Calculate size by folder by default

New member | Level 2

I noticed I can sort by size, but none of the folder sizes are listed. I have hundreds of folders and I have to click calculate size for each individually. Worse yet, next time I access the folders or even hit refresh all the calculated sizes disappear. This is ridiculous!  Why can I not just set the folders size to show whenever I access it.

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Calculate size by folder by default

Dropboxer

Hello @mvedovato, I hope you're having a good day so far!

Firstly, I'd like to thank you for your feedback on this feature, I really appreciate the time you took to reach out to us here to let us know your thoughts on this. I've made a note of this on my side.

Perhaps just to make your workflow a little easier in the meantime, I can suggest a few tips for calculating the folder sizes in bulk.

When you're looking at your folders online, you can select multiple folders at once to calculate the folder size. Please just make sure that no files are mistakenly selected.

To bulk select the files, you can select the first folder in the list with the checkbox to the left of the folder name and then scroll down to the last folder. From there, hold the "Shift" key and select the last folder to select all the folders in between too.

While this isn't exactly what you were looking for, I hope this info can help lessen the impact that manually calculating the sizes will have on your workflow.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?