cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Camera Sync Very Slow

Camera Sync Very Slow

Jeff H.8
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Latest version of Android on Galaxy S9+ w/Latest version of Dropbox on mobile (272.2.6).

I've setup Camera Sync to the Camera Uploads dropbox folder and it has worked for years - yet - Camera sync to dropbox works 'sometimes'.  Usually, it will not sync unless I load the camera app and actually view the camera gallery from the camera app.  And even then, it takes a very long time (up to hours?) for the files to sync from the Camera DCIM folder to the Dropbox Camera Uploads folder.  I've searched the web and forums, but can't find any solutions...

Things I've done:

1. Dropbox App Settings (Settings>Apps>Dropbox) 

- Verified that Background Restrictions setting (set >Allow Background data usage set to on, allow app while data saver on, set to on).

- Verified Allow Background Activity is set to on (on, but greyed out)

2. Permissions: Camera, Contacts & Storage

3. Storage set in Camera App to SD Card/DCIM/Camera Uploads Folder

4. Data Saver turned off

5. In Dropbox App

- Mobile Data and Mobile Data only apps turned on for Dropbox and Dropbox Sync.

- Use data for offline files turned on.

- Dropbox app, camera uploads turned on - include videos (on), Use data when offline (on), Background restrictions (no, battery optimization for dropbox turned OFF).

- Photo backup turned on

- Backup ALL my photos

What am I missing?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jeff H.8
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hey Walter,

Thanks for the post.  I'm not exactly sure what I had changed, but its working properly now.  I believe it was an obscure setting I found.  I had given up for the day, then happened to look in my pictures folder on my PC and the new pics were there.  I will try to find the last setting I changed, but I was all over android trying to figure it out.  Wish I had a better summary, but is what it is.  The end story is that its not easy, nor well documented and lots of places it can go wrong.  Would be valuable to have documentation somewhere that showed all the possible settings that affect a particular set of issues.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Jeff H.8, sorry to hear you're having issues with this. 

Out of curiosity, have you tried another wifi network and/or cellular data?

Also could you please try to clear the cache on your app and then sign out and back into your Dropbox account?

1. Tap the menu icon in the upper-left corner of the screen
2. Select "Settings"
3. Select “Clear Cache”

4.Once this is done then please ensure you log out of the Dropbox application, then restart your device and log back in again.

Let me know if this helped improve matters!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Jeff H.8
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hey Walter,

Thanks for the post.  I'm not exactly sure what I had changed, but its working properly now.  I believe it was an obscure setting I found.  I had given up for the day, then happened to look in my pictures folder on my PC and the new pics were there.  I will try to find the last setting I changed, but I was all over android trying to figure it out.  Wish I had a better summary, but is what it is.  The end story is that its not easy, nor well documented and lots of places it can go wrong.  Would be valuable to have documentation somewhere that showed all the possible settings that affect a particular set of issues.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for keeping me in the loop, Jeff - much appreciated.

I'm glad to hear you managed to resolve this in the end and thanks for your feedback too.

I'm assuming that you're already familiar with the troubleshooting that's outlined in this Help Center article, but it's a good starting point for future reference. 

See you around and take care!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?