cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our users can answer all of your questions on files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Camera Upload Error / Photos...Could Not Be Imported

Helpful | Level 6

hello Jane

I can't find an email with your Support Request in my inbox. The only mails i get from dropxox are the ones refering to this yctual formum discussion.

regards

christian

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @mrboss

Try checking http://dropbox.zendesk.com - if not, @Jane will get back to you during the week days!

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

I'm seeing this problem as well.

I am using an iPhone 8 running the latest iOS 11.3.1, OS X 10.13.4, Dropbox 47.4.74.  It seems to uploade a few photos randomly and then fails with a x photos or videos from <phone name> couldn't be imported.

Screen Shot 2018-05-14 at 12.55.49 AM.png

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @benjuang - may sound a bit obvious, but did you try disabling it and enabling it again? 

We had some issues last week that could have turned off Camera Uploads by mistake (even if checked). Can you try it (or if you did / just quit Dropbox and open it again) to see if it resolves the issue?

I've passed this to our team regardless so they can check it further in the meantime.

Ed G

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5
Yep, tried disabling it and enabling it. Also restarting. And re-installing Dropbox.

Note: Opening the Dropbox preferences again, it looks like it self-updated to v50.3.66.
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Got it - let me check this with our engineers

Ed G

Highlighted

Re: Camera upload error

Helpful | Level 5

I am also still having this problem since my original post to this thread. I'm now curring using dropbox version v48.4.58. I opened a ticket with Support as requested previously but they have not provided any resolution.

Highlighted

Re: Camera Upload Error on Mac OS High Sierra/ Photos...Could Not Be Imported

Helpful | Level 6

I got a solution that worked for me from Dropbox Support. Thought I'd share it here for those who might benefit:

The application "Image Capture" which apparently comes with Macs -- who knew? -- can act as a "middleman" in the process to transfer images to Dropbox.

• Go to the Spotlight Search (top righthand side of your computer) and type "image capture".

• When it comes up, select your phone from the interface on the lefthand side of the app.
  • The images from your phone will pop up in the main window of the app. Select those which have not been imported. 
  • (You might want to click the box that says "delete after import" or "Keep originals" at the lower left of the app.) 
  • Select Other -> Dropbox -> Camera Uplpads in the "Import To" dropdown.
  • Click on the "Import" or "Import All" button and it will import.

Most of these steps don't have to be repeated on subsequent uses.

As I mentioned, I'm not thrilled with this "workaround," but I suppose it will do until Dropbox engineers get around to fixing what is obvious problems.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6
thanks fort sharing this
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey all, happy Monday! 

Indeed Michelle A.8, thanks a lot for sharing these troubleshooting steps with us, I’ve made sure to Accept your last post as a Solution, as this workaround might fix the behavior for some users. I’m also here to follow-up on the progress of your requests & help you expedite matters as much as possible. 

• mrboss I’ve made sure to resend you my latest reply in case my message was hooked by a spam filter in your inbox, though just so as to make sure you’re receiving our correspondence, I’d advise adding "no-reply@dropbox.com" to your address book. 
  • Benzman & benjuang, I’ve also made sure to reach out to you directly on my end via email, in order to continue working on this issue from where we’ve left off here.  
  • darrenbock I can see that your open ticket has now reached a higher level technician & in order to expedite matters, I’ve also raised your support priority internally. Rest assured that you're in safe hands! 
Once again thanks a lot to everyone for your ongoing cooperation & patience & I’m wishing you a creative week ahead! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?