cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera Upload Error on Mac OS High Sierra/ Photos...Could Not Be Imported

Camera Upload Error on Mac OS High Sierra/ Photos...Could Not Be Imported

Michelle A.8
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Since April 10, I've been spending a LOT of time trying to upload photos and videos from my iPhone 7 [iOS 11.3 (15E216)]  to my Mac [macOS High Sierra (Version 10.14.4)]. It used to do that no problem, but no more.

Sometimes I get only an error message, while other times, I get a message that makes me hopeful -- "Finding photos / Thus could take a while..." But it is followed up by another error message.

I've tried everything I can think of, including disabling then enabling imports, installing the newest version, etc. -- but I still get nothing but error messages. The two most common are:

1.  "Camera upload error / Failed to import 210 of 210 photos."

2.  "210 photos or videos from 2018.Phone.7 couldn't be imported. 0 photos and videos were imported."

Please help. Thank you!

54 Replies 54

mrboss
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

exactly the same problem here as well. 

i plug in my iphone as i used to to for years but can't get synchronized my photos anymore.

Screenshot 2018-04-21 16.08.58.pngScreenshot 2018-04-21 16.09.18.pngScreenshot 2018-04-21 16.09.26.png

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey mrboss, thanks for posting these photos indicating the behavior you’re getting on your end! 

If I were in your shoes (assuming that you’ve checked the tips Norah posted in the previous page: i.e. ensuring that you’re running the latest Stable Dropbox version on your Mac & you’ve made all OS updates :white_check_mark:), I’d reset the Camera Uploads settings once & then re-enable it to see if that lets me complete the upload as expected:  

1. Click the Dropbox icon in your menu bar.
  2. Click the :gear: icon & choose Preferences…
  3. Under Import, you may go to "Change Autoplay Settings", which will re-direct you to your Control Panel. From there, you can check whether all settings have been applied correctly for your connected media devices. (Tip: Yous iPhone should be towards the bottom of the page. 
Additionally, have you tried any of the quick fixes posted previously (namely trying to reproduce via a different network perhaps)? 

Please let me know how the steps above work for you in your next reply & I’ll do my best to check back with you. Until then, take care & I’m wishing you a wonderful day ahead! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Michelle A.8
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but I have nothing that resumbles a "Change Autoplay Settings" optiion under IMPORT or anywhere else in Dropbox or SYSTEM PREFERENCES, on my Mac, my iPhone, or my iPhone. Here's what I have available under IMPORT.

For a very long time, when imports messed up, I was able to fix it by toggling ENABLE CAMERA UPLOADS off and back on again. That stopped working just before I posted my OP.

Dropbox.png

Knowing as I do how infrequently stuff like this gets fixed in a forum, I did indeed try all of the other "quick fixes" posted here and everywhere else I could find.

At this point, I'm beginning to look alternate options to Dropbox, as I really do hate it when I'm paying for something that is unusabe for weeks on end and apparently has no telephone support offered.

@Jane wrote:

3. Under Import, you may go to "Change Autoplay Settings", which will re-direct you to your Control Panel. From there, you can check whether all settings have been applied correctly for your connected media devices. (Tip: Yous iPhone should be towards the bottom of the page. 

Additionally, have you tried any of the quick fixes posted previously (namely trying to reproduce via a different network perhaps)? 

Please let me know how the steps above work for you in your next reply & I’ll do my best to check back with you. Until then, take care & I’m wishing you a wonderful day ahead! 

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution
Autoplay Settings is an item specific to the Windows operating system.

Michelle A.8
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Thank you, @Rich.

Looks like there is no way for a Mac user to fix the problem. Nor the will of Dropbox to help. 😞

Michelle A.8
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Thanks for the post, @Jane.

While this may indeed be a solution for some, it is NOT a solution to the originally posted question, which was specifically a question about the problem on an Apple product.

Perhaps someone can give me a phone number for support as I am disabled and unable to do it through email or chat.

mrboss
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I feel the sameas Michelle A.8. the problem is still unsolved and the support weak. they are asking things to do we discussed week ago. 

mrboss
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

since when are we talking about windows?! it is a problem on Mac OSX as introduced clearly by Michelle A.8 three weeks ago.

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey all, apologies for any frustration my latest post my have caused you, I’m on the same page with you right now & I’ll try to take it from where we’ve left off since last week. 

I was able to re-read all your posts anew, therefore let me gather the specifics in regards to the issue you’ve experienced. You may keep in mind that I’ve unaccepted my latest post as the Solution, as it hasn’t fixed the issue in question for you. 

For starters, let me re-phrase the issue at hand, in order to take it from there: 

• You’ve all noticed a “Failed to import x of y photos” error message, when you’re trying to set your photos to upload automatically through on a Mac OS X 10.13.4 with the Dropbox version 48.4.58 installed & running correctly in the background (i.e. all Dropbox-related icons are loading correctly for you ). 

• Moreover, your iOS devices have been updated to the latest iOS version (11.3.1). 

If all of you are experiencing the same issue as described above & you’ve already tried toggling between your two options (namely “Photos” or “Photos & Videos”) on your desktop preferences while trying to trigger the upload, whereas you’ve been seeing the same behavior roughly since April 10th, maybe it’ an issue that we’d need to investigate further. 

For that reason, I’ve made sure to get in touch with you directly via email Michelle A.8, as you need hands-on troubleshooting based on our last cmments. At the moment, please keep in mind that we provide phone support for Dropbox Business admins through their admin console, so what I can offer you in order to make the troubleshooting more smooth for you would be to work with you as closely as possible on that correspondence. I do understand that we’ll need to make this as short as possible, so rest assured that I’ll make sure to follow-up from where we’ve left off here. 

At your convenience, please check your inbox for my latest message and let me know here if you have any issues locating it. Once you get back to me, I’ll make sure to get back in touch with you as soon as possible. 

When it comes to you mrboss, gabradoodle, jernimtz & Max_in_Madison, please let me know if you’d like us to continue working on this issue via email & I’ll make sure to follow-up with you asap. 

Once again, apologies for any inconvenience my latest message may have caused you & I’ll be awaiting your next posts here, in order to move forward together. Thanks! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

PhilippePierre Explorer | Level 4
    Rick_M Experienced | Level 13
    Jane Dropbox Staff
    tomlauren New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?