cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how Community ideas impact Dropbox development? Check it out here

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera Upload Stopped Working

Camera Upload Stopped Working

JMFV
Explorer | Level 3

My Samsung S10, Android version 10, dropbox app version 218.2.2.  The app does not upload photos from my phone.  I have installed latest Android SW, have a fairly recent phone, and just re-installed the app from the google store.  Why isn't this working?  Should I find another solution?

10 Replies 10

Re: Camera Upload Stopped Working

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @JMFV, thanks for posting today!

Could you check your camera upload settings to ensure that it is enabled?

Do you have any battery saving features on your phone which could disable the Dropbox app from running in the background?

Any other info or screenshots would be helpful!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

JMFV
Explorer | Level 3

no, I have not asked the phone to reduce power or restrict operations.  The app will seek out photos to upload, load a bunch, then just stop. why does it do this?  I am about to ditch dropbox altogther - I rely on your app to automatically upload pics, and over the last months it has failed miserably.

JMFV
Explorer | Level 3

and, I have every switch turned-on - load all my photos, load over mobile data, load all files, load video..... ervy possible thing is turned-on to say 'load my **bleep** pics'.....

Jay
Dropboxer

Does the app stop uploading the images when it is in the background, when the phone is charging, or left alone for a specific period of time?

Are you certain that the default enabled battery optimization setting on Android isn't terminating the Dropbox app after a few minutes of not being in use?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

JMFV
Explorer | Level 3
No and why do I need to even think about this? Why don't you fix the app so it works like it's supposed to?!

JMFV
Explorer | Level 3
The only way to make any progress is to uninstall the app and reinstall. Then it quits working after a while so have to do it again. Why does it do that?

Jay
Dropboxer

It does sound like the app is being prevented from running for longer periods of time in the background. This would be due to a setting in Android itself, which isn't Dropbox-related, or, due to some other setting in the mobile app itself.

Could you attach a screenshot showing your camera upload settings in the Dropbox mobile app?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

JMFV
Explorer | Level 3
Where can I send the image? There's no place to attach one.

Jay
Dropboxer

If you're not seeing the option to attach the image, try uploading it to your Dropbox account and share a link to the image, then copy and paste the URL here so we can view it. Thanks!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

MisTBlu New member | Level 2
    Jay Dropboxer
    JMFV Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?