cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera Uploads not uploading certain photos and videos

Camera Uploads not uploading certain photos and videos

LiftingUnicorn
Helpful | Level 5

Dropbox hasn't uploaded some of a number of recent photos and videos, but says its all done. Its only in the last couple of weeks. I uninstalled and reinstalled app and have manually uploaded files but there are duplicates now where some have uploaded and some haven't. It clearly it's recognising duplicates. Please help.

9 Replies 9

Re: Camera Uploads

Hannah
Dropboxer
Hi @LiftingUnicorn, thanks for posting and happy Friday!

I'd also try clearing the Dropbox app cache, to see if that helps.

To do that you'll need to open the Dropbox app and go to the settings. You should see a 'clear cache' option there.

Let me know if that helped!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

mgnute
Explorer | Level 3

Have you had any luck with this? I have been having the same issue for about three weeks. Specifically, new videos will sync with camera upload but photos will not. The last photo that synced was on 4/28/21 and since then no new photos have been synced. I have just tried clearing the cache but that has not worked. I'm not sure if this is timed with the iOS update or with the most recent dropbox app update but it's a recent issue. (using iPhone 12 pro, 512gb, OS and dropbox app all fully updated).

Hannah
Dropboxer
Hey @mgnute, thanks for nudging us on this. 

Have you tried uninstalling the Dropbox app, restarting your device and then reinstalling it, to see if that helps?

Also, disabling iCloud uploads has helped some users with this, so I'd try that as well.

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

OO_skyline_OO
Explorer | Level 4

Hi Dropbox team,

You probably noticed I started another similar thread too -- but having to delete/reinstall the app almost on a daily basis is NOT a solution at all.   Like a couple of other users reported same issue with Camera Upload here, it started to happen since March 2021.  It's logical to say some changes/updates took place around March were possible causes.  I really hope your dev team can take a closer look.

Cheers guys.

Megan
Dropboxer
Happy Monday @OO_skyline_OO, I hope you're well! 

Would it be okay for me to reach out to you via email, so we can have a closer look at your Camera Uploads?

Let me know, and I'll be happy to do so.

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Re: Camera Uploads not uploading certain photos and videos

ChipMulligan930
New member | Level 2

New iPhone 12 with latest update. Same issue. Workaround until they get this fixed. Select the photos that will not back up and duplicate them as still photos (not live). They will start to back up. Then you can just delete the duplicate photos from your camera roll

dran
New member | Level 2

has anyone found a solution to this? dropbox seems to randomly select photos from phone to upload. how am i supposed to trust this system to back up my stuff.!? 

it seems to be working ok now but is there a way to get it to retrospectively uploading all the previously missed content?

Kitkat74
New member | Level 2

Hello, has anyone found a solution? I have been reinstalling and restarting my phone many times these last few days, but now, even doing that won't work, and my recent photos/videos won't upload at all.

I am not on IOS but on Android so it cannot be because of an IOS update...
Thanks in advance!

Megan
Dropboxer
Hi @Kitkat74, welcome to our Community! 

Can you let me know the OS and Dropbox version you have installed to your device? 

Also, have you tried disabling your Camera uploads, and then re-enabling them? 

Let me know more!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropboxer
    Kitkat74 New member | Level 2
    dran New member | Level 2
    ChipMulligan930 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?