cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Camera Uploads on 2 different phones

Camera Uploads on 2 different phones

Sharon O.5
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

My husband and I are currently syncing photos in our phones into dropbox automatically .

Is there a way to create two seperate folders, one for him and one for me because it gets so confusing with both our photos in a single "camera upload" folder. Dropbox please help!!

Thank you in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

No, that's not possible. All devices linked to an account will upload to the same Camera Uploads folder.

You could create two folders and move your photos to your own folder as soon as you're done uploading, leaving the Camera Uploads folder empty until the next upload.

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

No, that's not possible. All devices linked to an account will upload to the same Camera Uploads folder.

You could create two folders and move your photos to your own folder as soon as you're done uploading, leaving the Camera Uploads folder empty until the next upload.

DrSin
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

As stated above, there is no way to separate uploads from 2 different devices. You will have to manually separate them.

dugongy
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

NOT SOLVED This is [removed by moderation according to our Community Guidelines] and needs to be changed

What other cloud storage is there that will do this. I need the photos to be seperate

tbrennan
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I can see where dugony was annoyed and probably left a less than courteous response.  However, I'm certain to have agreed with whatever sentiment he expressed.  I see that no solution has been forthcoming since 2017, probably when the photo sync feature was released.  I'm actually wondering if dropbox employees use dropbox.  Here the solution is to make our lives easier.  No, I don't want to manually move my photos into folders.  No I don't want to store them on a floppy disc and walk them over to dropbox headquarters.  I'm paying for 3 TB of space, and in this world where we have multiple computers, multiple phones, tablets and other devices, how difficult would it actually be allow the user to create a subfolder when loading dropbox on a new device?  Wow.

xavierr
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I agree. This issue is NOT solved.

We are paying a lot of money for dropbox (price up ~15% in Canada!).

If dropbox doesn't implement such basic features, another cloud backup provider will, and I will move my account to that provider. I suspect many others will do the same. 

Users are sticky, but only up to a certain point.

Kai_
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Now it has been 4+ years since the problem has been brought up. This is not a technically challenging feature that requires multiple teams to develop for years. In fact, I believe even an intern should be able to handle. I am seriously considering that this is a business decision made by Dropbox to explicitly not allow users to seperate their photos when using multiple devices. 

This should be a very very common situation/usecase for a family when they want to have all pictures saved to cloud while still have some handy seperation. But, no, this is not supported. Instead, they append the ugly "(1)" at the end of the filename when there is a photo filename conflict. How can such solution passed the internal design review with no future action item to reduce the chance of happening?

For me, this decision implies few messages:

"If you want the convenience, pay for multiple account."

"If you hate dealing with these scrambled picture or hate the filename, don't upload and save us the space."

"Customer experience is not the first priority of the company."

djg7
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

This must have changed.  My photos went to Camera Uploads and husband's photos used to go to a shared folder called Camera Uploads from John until Dec 28 2018 when we both got new phones.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@djg7 wrote:

This must have changed.  My photos went to Camera Uploads and husband's photos used to go to a shared folder called Camera Uploads from John until Dec 28 2018 when we both got new phones.

Nothing has changed. More than likely you were using two different Dropbox accounts and John simply shared his Camera Uploads folder with you. Now, it would seem by your message, you're both signed into the same account on your phones.

When using the same Dropbox account, there's no way to separate Camera Uploads by device. They will always go to the Camera Uploads folder.

Jason_jay
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
This is a problem and it is clear to me that Dropbox is concerned with the revenue model and being able to limit users. For example I could create 20 sub folders for all of my neighbours but there must be a way to limit sub folders to a reasonable amount that doesn’t offend the revenue model, come on Dropbox, we need a solution or maybe just pay for iCloud is the only way to go.
Need more support?