cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera upload from different phones into different folders

Camera upload from different phones into different folders

Bjarne S.
New member | Level 1

Hello,
I have created a new folder "Camera upload Karla" where I want my wifes iPhone to automatically upload photos to.
This seems not to be so easy, as Dropbox on a phone will only upload to "Camera Upload" folder. Is this correct?
How can I make her iPhone upload automatically to the new folder?
Thank you

62 Replies 62

Rich
Super User II

If it hasn't happened in two years, it's likely not going to happen. Dropbox has always stated that any devices connected to a single account will upload to the same Camera Uploads folder.

Also, this is primarily a user-support forum. If you require a response from Dropbox then you need to open a ticket with Support.

Open your ticket here: https://www.dropbox.com/support
Track your ticket here: https://dropbox.zendesk.com

Replies take approximately 1 - 3 business days with Plus users getting priority (longer for Basic users).

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Hey @ECT527 and @Mike603

Thanks for getting in touch with us on Community!

I 'd like to thank you for the time you have devoted to give us this feedback, it is appreciated and I’ll make sure that all your comments and suggestions are promptly transferred to our development team for further consideration. We always value user input on current features and functionality.  

Furthermore, please note that I’m at your entire disposal in case further assistance is needed or you need to voice your opinion about Camera Uploads, just let me know in your comments below. 

Kind regards, 
JaneA

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Mark W.
Collaborator | Level 9

So many companies spin this lie nowadays!

"I’ll make sure that all your comments and suggestions are promptly transferred to our development team for further consideration"

Just be honest - you wont, can't or just don't like the idea!

Zed
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Mark W., we do forward all of your comments and feedback from all of our channels of communication to the product development teams. There's no point dedicating time in the community and telling you we do if we didn't.

Now, some things can happen, some are under development and other under consideration. We love your ideas and we value your feedback, that's for sure.

Thank you. :slight_smile:

Zed
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Mark W.
Collaborator | Level 9
I hope so 🙂

Zed
Dropbox Staff

Oh it's true :slight_smile:

Keep those creative ideas coming, have a great day! 

:doughnut:

Zed
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

jdbradford7
New member | Level 2

So is it undr development? When is the release date?

I just connected my Android phone to Dropbox and was shocked to see my thousands of pictures being uploaded and intermingled with my wife's thousands of photos. How will we ever straighten this mess out. I turned off the Camera Upload once I realized that I cannot direct what folder the pictures go into. I AM SHOCKED that such a simple and important feature does not exist!! And from this thread, Dropbox has know about the need for years!!! This should not be a difficault feature; Just append the device name to the folder path. How hard could it be. (Note that I am a software engineer with 32 years of experiance.) I cannot recommend Dropbox to my friends and collegues when such simple features are lacking and the the company seems so unresponsive!!!!!

Mike603
Explorer | Level 4

In my opinion the reasons for Dropbox not doing this are not technical.  The technical issues are trivial. 

The issue is a marketing one.  They want everyone to by multple drop box accounts, that way they make more money.

If you have to purchase an account for every phone you want to back up Dropbox makes 2 or more times more money.

That is the only logical conclusion that I can think of due to the ease of implimenting this and the fact that Dropbox has ignored this idea for  years.

Dropbox tech support even says that you should purchase a seperate account for each phone.

Obviously customer convenience and saving the customer some money is not important.

Rich
Super User II

jdbradford7 wrote:

So is it undr development? When is the release date?

Dropbox rarely releases information about what features are in development or when certain features will be released.

That's being said, it's unlikely that this is something that will ever come about. Simply put, Dropbox accounts are meant for individuals. They are not meant to be shared among multiple people. For that reason alone there is no reason to implement something like this.

Note that I'd like to see this feature as well. I'm not defending Dropbox for not implementing it. I'm simply stating the likely reason why it is so.

KeithTan
New member | Level 2

Hi,

I'd like to ask whether is there any follow up to this matter? Recently bumped into this problem and saw this was dated close to 2 years ago.

Hope to hear back soon!

Thanks

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    Jason P.21 New member | Level 2
    Jeanne S.4 New member | Level 1
    Benjamin G.2 New member | Level 1
    Bernadette P. New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?